Chris Stoesen Fiction: Taking Store of my Stories

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Taking Store of my Stories

I started to work again on my next story when it occurred to me how many there were. First there is the third book in the Devareaux series. I have written about a chapter of that book so far. But then there are others in various states of completion that are pulling at my interest. Lets run down what I have in the queue. I would love to hear from you if you have an opinion on what you would like to see next.

1) Firelock - This is a book about the Revolutionary War that takes place shortly after the Fall of Charleston in May 1780. It deals with a company of militia that reforms following the surrender of their colonel and how they come to join in with Thomas Sumter's partisan brigade.

2) Appomattox Book 3 - I don't have a working title for this yet. Action will begin months after the events of Last Airship to Khartoum in England.

3) On to Kharkov - This is a WWII novel about German and Soviet soldiers fighting in the Ukraine in 1941. The principle action follows two infantry platoons as they move closer and closer to their fateful meeting in the Industrial center of Kharkov.

4) Hunting Season - This is my second attempt at a Zombie novel. I actually had it edited. It was fun to write and is at about 70% complete. It takes place in a small town in Georgia the night when Terrorists attack the CDC and unleash the apocalypse. It still needs some work.

5) Thursdays - It is a story about a terrorist attack on a major city and how the people who are there at the attack react. I have written three chapters of it and then put it on the shelf for over a year.

6) Eliazar's Promise - Set in modern Israel, an archeology team is attacked while traveling to a dig. They are forced to hide in a cave that reveals some ancient manuscripts. The story moves between the manuscript and the archeology team. I am probably about a 1/4 of the way into this one.

7) Border Crisis - This is a sci Fi short story that I had published on-line with WattPad and the Amazon version of it. I had very few readers there and mixed reviews so this project lies dormant.

At the moment, I am spending time on Firelock as it coincides with the research I am doing on another non-fiction project. I would love to hear from you if there is one of these that you are more interested in. Now to get back to editing The Last Airship from Khartoum.

No comments:

Post a Comment