Chris Stoesen Fiction: You Ever Get Distracted?

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

You Ever Get Distracted?

July was a very productive month for my second novel. I am 3/4th of the way done with the final draft (22,482 words added for July). I was making great progress, then an idea grabbed me.

In Camp Nanowrimo, I was going through some personal issues. My mother had to be moved to a memory care facility as she was no longer able to care for herself. Through the support of friends and family, it has been much easier than I thought possible. As it is written, "A merry heart does good like a medicine," humor came out of the pain.

One of my friends writes zombie stories. In our discussion an idea for a story came out. It hit a point this week where I could not work on anything else. I stopped everything and the story started to come out. In a burst of effort, a 7,000 word short story came out of a five minute conversation.

Now, the question is, what do I do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment