Chris Stoesen Fiction: Summer Camp: Camp Nanowrimo

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Summer Camp: Camp Nanowrimo

Its July. When I was a child, that meant summer camp. I spent at least 5 or more weeks at different camps every summer. As an adult, I volunteer at a summer camp every year as the Rec Director. It is great fun but its not quite the same thing.

A friend of mine, Phil, sent me an invitation to Camp Nanowrimo. Its an interesting writing challenge. It is to help you get more done on your current projects. I have to say, it is paying off. I have doubled the work that I have done on the sequel to CSS Appomattox. Honestly, it has been fun. The other folks in my cabin have been encouraging and I have made more progress this month than the six months previous.

Anyway, go to camp, have some summer fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment